Do you do physical training? Some kind of sport maybe? We all know you really should. But assuming that you are working in some kind of creative job which requires a lot of thinking the question is: how do train your brain? You don't? Well you should.
So here is the first training session. Its an easy one. Every 4 year old boy can do it. Actually they are extremely good at it:
For everything you do, for everything you see, ask why is it this way. Why are plants green? Why are bottles taller than wide? Why is paper bleached? Whenever you answer your question, ask why again. Although I don't have scientific evidence I am convinced that this will have a couple of positive effects:
- You will notice a lot of thing you just don't know, and which you might want to investigate further.
- You find alternatives to things that you took for granted.
- You'll find good reasons for a lot of things thus keeping yourself from changing things that shouldn't be changed.
- You'll get into a habit of question fixed solutions.
Wan't to meet me in person to tell me how stupid I am? You can find me at the following events:
- Spring Data JDBC - New Kid on the block.
- Softwaredevelopment in the 21st century.
- Domain Driven Design mit Relationalen Datenbanken und Spring Data JDBC.
- Kerbal Space Program, Glücksspiel und Psychologie und was das mit dem (Berufs)leben zu tun hat.
- Javaland Freeletics
- Domain Driven Design mit relationalen Datenbanken und Spring Data JDBC
- The New Kid on the Block: Spring Data JDBC